Try these Gluten free American Style Pancakes.
Quick, easy and delicious. Enjoy with Maple Syrup and Crispy Bacon.
Or try with fruit and ice cream.
Check out the video below of celebrity chef Reza Mahammad making
pancakes using normal flour for cooking hints and tips.
- 175ml buttermilk
- 1 medium sized egg
- 15g melted butter
- 50g/2oz tapioca flour
- 25g/1oz fine cornmeal
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- clarified butter for frying
- Toppings of your choice, we chose Maple Syrup and crispy bacon, but works just as well with fruit and ice cream
- Mix the milk, egg and melted butter in a bowl, until smooth and blended.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, salt and bicarb and gently stir into the buttermilk only until the ingredients are moistened - don't worry about the lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan until medium hot. add a little clarified butter.
- Add a tablespoon of batter onto the pan and spread slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Cook until the bubbles rise and break on the top of the pancake.
- Flip pancake. Cook until pale golden on the other side.
- Remove and keep warm. Continue until all the batter has been used.
- Spread each pancake with butter and serve a stack of three per person.
- Top with crispy bacon and maple syrup.