If you have a romantic afternoon planned for your lover on Valentine’s Day, or are spending it alone – this super Chocolate recipe from the Women’s Institute will melt in your mouth and warm the cockles of your heart.
This dessert uses a chocolate torte recipe. It is easy to make, gives a great result and tastes gorgeous
75g Butter? 40g Cocoa Powder? 225g Sugar ?2 large Eggs? 50g Plain Flour
Chocolate Ganache:?150ml Double Cream?100g Dessert Chocolate, eg Belgium broken into pieces
- Set oven 180C Gas Mark 5. Line the base of a 120cm circular tin with a circle of greaseproof paper
- Melt the butter
- Stir in the cocoa powder and sugar and remove from the heat
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well
- Stir in the flour
- Pour into the lined tin
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins then allow to become completely cold on a wire rack
- To make the ganache heat the cream and then add the chocolate pieces.
- Remove from the heat and stir well
- Pour over the cake and allow to cool
This recipe can also be prepared and cooked in the microwave as follows
- Melt the fat in a heat proof bowl for about 1 minute
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat ahrd with a spoon
- Pour into a microwave container and heat for a further 3 -4 mins depending on the power in your microwave.
– See more at the official website for the Women’s Institute