Looking forward to a special breakfast treat, but are not in the mood for an elaborate cooking session? Then this recipe for scrumptious Salmon and Parmigiano-Reggiano Omelette is just right! It’s easy and fast to make, but packs a flavour punch! The smooth, salty salmon harmonises well with the umami flavour notes of the Parmigiano-Reggiano as well as the tangy, milky Gorgonzola Dolce. Fresh dill and young pea shoots or watercress complement the dish and give it a green boost.
Why not try this weekend for a special Mother’s Day breakfast.
Smoked Salmon, Parmigiano-Reggiano and Gorgonzola Dolce Omelette
- 2 large Free-Range Eggs
- 50 ml whole milk
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 15-20g Gorgonzola Dolce
- Butter for the pan
- Fresh Dill
- Cracked black pepper to taste (salt optional, as smoked salmon, Gorgonzola and Parmigiano-Reggiano are already quite salty)
- Pea shoots or watercress and olive oil to serve
- What you’ll need:
- Frying pan
- Fork or whisk
- Measuring cup
- Crack the eggs in a bowl. Add the milk and whisk thoroughly with a whisk or a fork.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Add the whisked eggs and let it set on medium heat. Once the egg is almost cooked, sprinkle grated Parmigiano-Reggiano on it.
- Carefully place two slices of smoked salmon on half of the omelette. Scatter fresh dill on top and sprinkle with cracked black pepper. Cut up the Gorgonzola Dolce in small pieces and distribute on the salmon.
- With a spatula, carefully lift the empty half of the omelette and flip it on top of the filled half. Apply some pressure with the spatula to bond the two sides together. Cook for several more minutes to brown. The omelette is quite fragile, so the attempt to flip it over to brown the other side could break it. Alternatively, to brown the top further, the frying pan could be placed under the grill or in the oven on the grill setting (with open oven door and pan handle sticking out) for several minutes.
- Wash pea shoots, watercress or mixed green leaves. Drizzle with olive oil or salad dressing, plate the omelette and serve immediately.
With thanks to http://www.castelli-uk.com/
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/GloTIMETV_
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/glotimetv/
Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/glotimetv/