There have been jokes made about it, traditions built on it, books written about it – and so there must be something very special about the simplest but most nutritious of soups.
Two elderly neighbours swear by it and have managed to avert flu epidemics over many Winters and stay healthy by consuming just one bowl of chicken soup each day.
- 55g butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 25g plain flour
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 450g cooked shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry the onions, celery and carrots until they start to soften.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring the mixture to the boil, stirring as you do so. Season with salt and pepper, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked chicken and cook until heated through. Adjust the seasoning, stir in the parsley and serve.
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14||21.5%|
|Saturated Fat 6.5||32.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.5||3.8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4||13.6%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Follow and Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/glotimetv/
Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/glotimetv/
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/GloTIMETV_