There is nothing like starting the Christmas celebrations, ordering the Turkey & trimmings, inviting Friends and Family,
or wrapping the presents for your tribe.
Speaking of which why not try this recipe for Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese Straws accompanied with a glass of bubbly to enjoy whilst carrying out any of the above tasks?
They are quick and easy to make and are also ideal to russtle up for your visitors over the festive season.
Try them warm along with your favorite sparkling tipple, they will go down a treat.
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese Straws
- 50 grams grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons softened Butter
- Ready Made Puff Pastry Sheets
- Preheat oven to 200 (180 Fan).
- Combine cheese, garlic powder and black pepper in small bowl; reserve 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
- Arrange pastry sheets on flat surface. Evenly spread 2 tablespoons Butter on each pastry sheet.
- Evenly sprinkle with cheese mixture, then cut each sheet into 10 strips.
- Twist strips, then arrange on baking sheets, pressing down ends.
- Melt remaining butter in the microwave then brush on pastry strips
- Evenly sprinkle with reserved mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
These straws will keep well for 5 days in an airtight container, thats if you have any left to keep !
For an extra twist sprinkle with seasame seeds before baking.
Follow and Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/glotimetv/
Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/glotimetv/
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/GloTIMETV_